Is Spring Break Possible?
With remote learning and working from home I think it’s safe to say some of us may be tired of seeing the same four walls.
Spring Break is just around the corner, and we are all itching to trade the view outside our window for something new, but you probably have lots of questions and are wondering if it is safe to travel. The answer is, everyone has different risk factors and needs to assess their own risk. Some may still need to postpone travel, some may be ok accepting the risks.
The airlines and resorts I work have taken every precaution to make things safer. Good Karma Vacations preferred airline, Delta, is blocking the middle seats through at least the end of March and is only allowing us to book international resorts that offer onsite COVID testing. Our preferred resorts have increased already outstanding cleaning procedures and many have added onsite testing as part of your stay. Some have even now guaranteed up to 14 nights lodging at no additional cost if you test positive onsite.
With all that being said, here are the questions you need to ask yourself:
1. Is someone in your family or immediate circle in the most vulnerable population?
2. Will you be able to enjoy your vacation while following COVID safety protocols like wearing masks in the airport, on the plane, in transportation and in common areas, plus testing as required?
3. Can you fit a quarantine in your life if you tested positive and couldn't fly home right away? Or if your employer/school/national/state/local authorities required a quarantine upon return?
4. Are you flexible and understand the situation remains fluid and resorts, airlines, and even the government may change policies between your booking and travel dates?
5. Are you able to understand, respect, and comply with all COVID guidelines in your destination and at home?
If you answer all of these questions and feel like you can travel then the answer is yes. If you answer all of these questions and still have some concerns, you should consider postponing travel for now.
Can you travel anywhere? No, there are still some places closed to us. Most of the Caribbean is open with restrictions. Always check travel.state.gov for the most up to date travel information.
I’m just a call or email away to help you explore your travel options and make an informed decision. We’ll explore your travel options for 2021 or 2022 and discuss your concerns.